LT Type Coupling With Elastic Sleeve And Pin(GB/T4323-2002)
1.LT type shaft coupling with elastic sleeve and pin are widely used in various mechanical and hydraulic fields, can adapt positive and negative changeful start frequent occasions.
2.Printing machinery / Packing machinery / Wood-working machinery etc large-scale mechanical equipment.
1.Because of elastic sleeve distortion and the teeth clearance between ring holes of half-coupling,the coupling has some compensatory of relativity shir and isolation properties.
2.Working temperature is -20ºC~+70ºC.
3.The marking method of Keyway forms and shaft holes size must be in accord with GB/T3852-1997.
Basic Parameter And Main Dimension(GB/T4323-2002)
|Bore diameter (mm)
|Length of bore(mm)||D||A||S||Limited compensation||Mass
|Y Type||J,J1,Z Type||Radial
1.Coupling weights in the sheet are calculated according to the minimum diameter and maximum length of the shaft hole.
2.Short overloading can not exceed 2 times rated normal torque.
3.Type of shaft holes, the lengths of L and L1 also can be produced as customer requirements.
4.Rotational inertia are similar value.
♦Other Products List
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
HangZhou CZPT Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
Our design team has experience in cardan shaft relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4.Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop the new model when there is new cars in the market.
Every step should be special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks of PDF or AI format.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples ? Is it free or extra ?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free.Actually we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order then cost of sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 month under normal circumstance.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A:Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling ?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure,welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
How Do Pin Couplings Compare to Other Types of Couplings in Terms of Performance?
Pin couplings offer certain advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance characteristics can vary depending on the specific application requirements. Below is a comparison of pin couplings with some commonly used couplings:
1. Gear Couplings:
- Flexibility: Gear couplings are more rigid than pin couplings and may not offer the same level of misalignment capacity.
- Torsional Stiffness: Gear couplings provide higher torsional stiffness, making them suitable for applications requiring precise torque transmission.
- Shock Absorption: Gear couplings can handle higher shock loads due to their robust design and greater stiffness.
- Maintenance: Gear couplings may require periodic lubrication and maintenance compared to maintenance-free pin couplings.
- Applications: Gear couplings are commonly used in heavy-duty and high-torque applications where precise torque transmission is essential.
2. Flexible (Elastomeric) Couplings:
- Flexibility: Elastomeric couplings offer higher misalignment capacity than pin couplings and can handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment.
- Shock Absorption: Elastomeric couplings provide excellent shock absorption, damping vibrations, and protecting connected equipment.
- Torsional Stiffness: Elastomeric couplings have lower torsional stiffness compared to pin couplings, making them more forgiving in high shock load applications.
- Installation: Elastomeric couplings are easy to install and require no lubrication, making them maintenance-free.
- Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, and other machinery where vibration isolation is crucial.
3. Rigid Couplings:
- Torsional Stiffness: Rigid couplings provide high torsional stiffness, ensuring accurate torque transmission.
- Misalignment Capacity: Rigid couplings have little to no misalignment capacity and require precise shaft alignment.
- Applications: Rigid couplings are used in applications where precise alignment is essential, such as shaft-to-shaft connections in high-precision systems.
Pin couplings strike a balance between flexibility and torsional stiffness, making them suitable for applications with moderate misalignment and shock loads. They are often used in general industrial applications, conveyors, and light to medium-duty machinery.
When selecting a coupling for a specific application, it is crucial to consider factors such as misalignment requirements, shock and vibration loads, torsional stiffness, maintenance needs, and the level of precision required. Each coupling type has its strengths and weaknesses, and the appropriate choice will depend on the specific demands of the application.
How Does a Pin Coupling Handle Angular, Parallel, and Axial Misalignment?
A pin coupling is designed to handle different types of misalignment, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The unique construction of pin couplings allows them to accommodate these misalignments without compromising the efficiency and performance of the connected equipment.
1. Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the driving and driven shafts are not parallel but intersect at an angle. Pin couplings can tolerate angular misalignment because of their flexible and floating pin design. The two coupling halves are connected by a series of pins, which can pivot and move within the pin holes. This flexibility allows the coupling to bend slightly, adjusting to the angle of misalignment between the shafts.
2. Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment happens when the axes of the driving and driven shafts are parallel, but they are laterally displaced from each other. Pin couplings can handle parallel misalignment to some extent due to the floating nature of the pins. The pins can move laterally within the pin holes, allowing the coupling to adapt to the offset between the shafts.
3. Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment occurs when there is a linear displacement along the axis of one shaft concerning the other. While pin couplings primarily focus on handling angular and parallel misalignment, they may offer limited axial misalignment capabilities. The floating pins provide a small degree of axial movement, but excessive axial misalignment is best avoided to prevent additional stresses on the coupling.
It is important to note that while pin couplings can accommodate some degree of misalignment, excessive misalignment should be avoided to prevent premature wear and potential failure of the coupling and connected equipment. Regular inspection and maintenance can help identify and address any misalignment issues, ensuring the optimal performance and longevity of the pin coupling in power transmission applications.
Understanding Pin Couplings and Their Functionality
A pin coupling, also known as a shear pin coupling, is a type of mechanical coupling used to connect two rotating shafts in a mechanical system. It is designed to transmit torque while allowing for a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts. The primary function of a pin coupling is to protect the connected equipment from torque overload and prevent damage to the shafts and other components in case of sudden shock or overload.
How a Pin Coupling Works:
A typical pin coupling consists of two hubs, one on each shaft to be connected, and a series of pins that pass through the hubs to join them together. The pins are usually made of a softer material than the hubs, such as brass or aluminum, to act as sacrificial elements. The number and size of the pins depend on the coupling’s torque rating and the required angular misalignment capacity.
When the shafts are misaligned, the pins experience shear stress as they bend under the applied load. In normal operating conditions, the pins remain intact and allow the torque to transfer from one shaft to another. However, in the event of an overload or excessive misalignment, the pins will shear off, preventing the transmission of excessive torque and protecting the connected equipment from damage.
After shearing, the damaged pins can be easily replaced, and the coupling can be put back into service without major repairs to the equipment. This feature makes pin couplings particularly suitable for applications with varying operating conditions and environments where shock loads or sudden overloads may occur.
Advantages of Pin Couplings:
– Protection against Overload: The shear pins act as a safety feature, protecting the connected equipment from excessive torque and sudden shocks.
– Misalignment Tolerance: Pin couplings can accommodate a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts.
– Easy Replacement: After shearing, the damaged pins can be quickly replaced, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
– Versatility: Suitable for a wide range of applications, including pumps, compressors, and other industrial machinery.
– Cost-Effective: The sacrificial pins are cost-effective components that can be easily replaced, avoiding costly repairs to the main equipment.
– Pin couplings have lower torque capacities compared to some other coupling types, such as gear couplings or rigid couplings.
– The need to replace the shear pins after each failure may lead to frequent maintenance requirements in applications with frequent overloads or misalignments.
In summary, pin couplings offer a reliable and cost-effective solution for torque transmission and protection against overloads in various mechanical systems. Their ability to accommodate misalignment and absorb shock loads makes them suitable for a wide range of industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-31