FCL Flexible Couplings:
Flexible Coupling Model FCL is widely used for its compact designing, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight. As long as the’relative displacement between shafts is kept winthin the specified tolerance, the coupling will operate the best function and a longer working life, thus it is greatly demanded in medium and minorpower transmission systems drive by moters, such as speed reducers, hoists, compressor, spining &weaving machinery and ball mills, permittable relative displacement:
Radial displacement 0.2-0.6mm; Angle displacemente 0º 30′–1º 30′
Size chart & Parameter
l The largest manufacturer and exporter of worm gear reducers in Asia.
l Established in 1976, we transformed from a county owned factory to private 1 in 1996. HangZhou SINO-DEUTSCH POWER TRANSMISSION EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD is our new name since 2001.
l We are the first manufacturer of reducers and gearboxes in China who was given export license since year 1993.
l “Fixedstar” brand gearboxes and reducers are the first owner of CHINA TOP BRAND and Most Famous Trade Mark for reducers.
First to achieve ISO9001 and CE Certificate among all manufacturers of gearboxes in China.
As a professional manufacturer of
worm gearbox and worm gear reducers in China, we mainly produce reduction gearbox,aluminum case worm gearboxes,arc gear cylindrical worm gearboxes, worm gear reducers, in line helical gearboxes, and cyclo drive reducers, etc. These products feature rational structure, stable performance, and reliable quality, and so on. They are widely used in power, mining, metallurgy, building material, chemical, food, printing, ceramic, paper-making, tobacco, and other industries.
We have 600 workers in our factory, which covers 70,000 square CZPT in HangZhou. We have been making 2,500 units of reducers everyday since 2012. We are proudly exporting 70% of our products to more than 40 countries all over the word. Our customers come from Italy, Germany, USA, Canada, Spain, UK, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Singapore and other main industrial countries in the world. 30% of them are OEM made for direct manufacturers of other products.
We warmly welcome customers from other parts of the world to visit us. Seeing is believing. We are very confident that after visiting our facility, you will have confidence on our products. We have the latest automatic equipments and experienced workers to ensure the stable quality and large output. We have the most sophisticated technical and engineering team to support most demanding requirement on standard and OEM products.
Looking CZPT to meeting you in HangZhou, China.
|Flexible or Rigid:||Flexible|
How Does a Pin Coupling Protect Connected Equipment from Shock Loads and Vibrations?
Pin couplings are designed to provide excellent protection to connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations, ensuring the smooth and reliable operation of the machinery. The unique features of pin couplings contribute to their ability to absorb and dampen shock loads and vibrations effectively:
- Flexibility: Pin couplings possess a certain degree of flexibility due to the presence of movable pins. When subjected to sudden shock loads or vibrations, the pins can flex and move slightly, absorbing the impact and preventing it from transmitting directly to the connected equipment. This flexibility helps in reducing stress and minimizing the risk of damage to the machinery.
- Torsional Compliance: The pin coupling’s design allows for a certain amount of torsional compliance. This means that when the connected shafts experience slight misalignments or angular displacements, the pin coupling can compensate for these variations without causing additional stress or vibration in the system. This feature ensures that the machinery remains in proper alignment even under dynamic conditions, reducing wear and tear.
- Damping Characteristics: The presence of movable pins introduces damping characteristics to the coupling. When vibrations occur in the system, the pins can dampen these oscillations, preventing resonance and the amplification of vibrations. This damping effect improves the overall stability and performance of the machinery.
- Strength and Resilience: High-quality pin couplings are constructed from durable materials with excellent fatigue resistance. This enables the coupling to withstand repeated shock loads and vibrations over an extended period without compromising its integrity. The strength and resilience of the pin coupling contribute to the protection of the connected equipment.
Overall, pin couplings are reliable and versatile components that can effectively protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations. Their flexibility, torsional compliance, damping characteristics, and robust construction make them suitable for various industrial applications where shock and vibration mitigation are essential for maintaining the health and longevity of machinery and equipment.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Pin Coupling for a Specific System
When selecting a pin coupling for a specific system, several critical factors need to be considered to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Each application has unique requirements, and choosing the right pin coupling involves assessing the following factors:
1. Torque and Power Requirements: Determine the torque and power transmission requirements of the system. The pin coupling must be capable of handling the maximum torque and power generated by the connected equipment.
2. Operating Speed: Consider the rotational speed of the system’s driving and driven shafts. The pin coupling’s design should allow for smooth and efficient operation at the specified speed range.
3. Misalignment Tolerance: Assess the degree of misalignment between the shafts that the coupling needs to accommodate. Pin couplings are suitable for applications with moderate angular, parallel, and axial misalignment.
4. Operating Environment: Consider the environmental conditions the coupling will be exposed to, including temperature, humidity, dust, and presence of corrosive substances. Choose a pin coupling with materials and surface treatments suitable for the operating environment.
5. Size and Space Constraints: Ensure that the selected pin coupling fits within the available space and does not interfere with other components in the system.
6. Serviceability and Maintenance: Evaluate the ease of installation, maintenance, and replacement of the pin coupling. Easy-to-service couplings can help reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
7. Shock and Vibration: Consider the level of shock and vibration the system will experience. The pin coupling should be robust enough to handle these dynamic loads without failure.
8. Cost: Evaluate the overall cost of the pin coupling, including its initial purchase price, maintenance costs, and potential downtime expenses. Choose a coupling that offers the best balance of performance and cost-effectiveness.
9. Material Selection: Select the appropriate materials for the pin coupling based on the application requirements. Common materials include carbon steel, stainless steel, and alloy steel.
10. Compatibility: Ensure that the pin coupling is compatible with the specific shaft sizes and configurations of the system’s driving and driven components.
11. Compliance with Industry Standards: Check if the pin coupling meets relevant industry standards and safety requirements.
By carefully considering these factors, engineers and system designers can choose the most suitable pin coupling for their specific application. It’s essential to work closely with coupling manufacturers or suppliers to ensure that the selected coupling meets all the necessary specifications and requirements.
Types of Pin Coupling Designs
Pin couplings, also known as shear pin couplings, come in various designs to suit different application requirements. The main types of pin coupling designs are as follows:
- 1. Single Pin Coupling: In this design, a single shear pin is used to connect the two shafts. The pin is placed in a hole that runs through both coupling halves. Under excessive torque or shock loads, the pin shears off, disconnecting the shafts and protecting the equipment from damage. Single pin couplings are commonly used in light to moderate-duty applications.
- 2. Double Pin Coupling: Double pin couplings use two shear pins that are positioned 180 degrees apart. This design provides increased torque capacity and improved balance compared to the single pin design. Double pin couplings are suitable for applications with higher torque requirements.
- 3. Triangular Pin Coupling: Triangular pin couplings use three pins arranged in a triangular pattern around the circumference of the coupling. This design offers even higher torque capacity and improved torsional stiffness. Triangular pin couplings are ideal for heavy-duty applications where higher torque and misalignment tolerance are essential.
- 4. Splined Pin Coupling: Splined pin couplings use splines instead of solid pins to transmit torque between the shafts. The splines provide a more secure connection and better torque transmission compared to solid pins. Splined pin couplings are commonly used in precision motion control applications.
- 5. Taper Pin Coupling: Taper pin couplings use tapered pins that wedge tightly into matching tapered holes in the coupling halves. This design offers excellent torque transmission and alignment capabilities. Taper pin couplings are often used in heavy machinery and power transmission systems.
Each type of pin coupling design has its advantages and limitations, and the selection depends on factors such as the application’s torque requirements, misalignment tolerance, and environmental conditions. It is essential to choose the right type of pin coupling to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and safety in the mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-08-21