FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Package||Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Delivery:||2~7 Days for Stock, 15~45 Days for Without Stock|
How Do Pin Couplings Compare to Other Types of Couplings in Terms of Performance?
Pin couplings offer certain advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance characteristics can vary depending on the specific application requirements. Below is a comparison of pin couplings with some commonly used couplings:
1. Gear Couplings:
- Flexibility: Gear couplings are more rigid than pin couplings and may not offer the same level of misalignment capacity.
- Torsional Stiffness: Gear couplings provide higher torsional stiffness, making them suitable for applications requiring precise torque transmission.
- Shock Absorption: Gear couplings can handle higher shock loads due to their robust design and greater stiffness.
- Maintenance: Gear couplings may require periodic lubrication and maintenance compared to maintenance-free pin couplings.
- Applications: Gear couplings are commonly used in heavy-duty and high-torque applications where precise torque transmission is essential.
2. Flexible (Elastomeric) Couplings:
- Flexibility: Elastomeric couplings offer higher misalignment capacity than pin couplings and can handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment.
- Shock Absorption: Elastomeric couplings provide excellent shock absorption, damping vibrations, and protecting connected equipment.
- Torsional Stiffness: Elastomeric couplings have lower torsional stiffness compared to pin couplings, making them more forgiving in high shock load applications.
- Installation: Elastomeric couplings are easy to install and require no lubrication, making them maintenance-free.
- Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, and other machinery where vibration isolation is crucial.
3. Rigid Couplings:
- Torsional Stiffness: Rigid couplings provide high torsional stiffness, ensuring accurate torque transmission.
- Misalignment Capacity: Rigid couplings have little to no misalignment capacity and require precise shaft alignment.
- Applications: Rigid couplings are used in applications where precise alignment is essential, such as shaft-to-shaft connections in high-precision systems.
Pin couplings strike a balance between flexibility and torsional stiffness, making them suitable for applications with moderate misalignment and shock loads. They are often used in general industrial applications, conveyors, and light to medium-duty machinery.
When selecting a coupling for a specific application, it is crucial to consider factors such as misalignment requirements, shock and vibration loads, torsional stiffness, maintenance needs, and the level of precision required. Each coupling type has its strengths and weaknesses, and the appropriate choice will depend on the specific demands of the application.
Role of Pin Coupling in Reducing Downtime and Maintenance Costs
A pin coupling plays a crucial role in reducing downtime and maintenance costs in various mechanical systems and power transmission applications. Its design and features contribute to improved reliability and ease of maintenance, resulting in enhanced operational efficiency and cost savings. Here’s how pin couplings achieve these benefits:
1. Shock Absorption: Pin couplings are known for their ability to absorb and dampen shocks and vibrations generated during operation. By cushioning the impact of sudden loads or torque spikes, they protect the connected equipment from potential damage, reducing the frequency of unexpected breakdowns and downtime.
2. Misalignment Tolerance: Pin couplings can tolerate a certain degree of misalignment between shafts, such as angular and parallel misalignment. This flexibility allows for easier installation and alignment of equipment, saving time and effort during setup and reducing the need for precise alignment procedures.
3. Low Maintenance: Pin couplings are designed with simplicity in mind, often consisting of only two coupling halves connected by pins. This straightforward construction means fewer components that can wear out or require regular maintenance. Additionally, the flexibility of the pins helps reduce wear on the coupling and connected equipment, leading to longer maintenance intervals.
4. Easy Replacement: In the event of a failure or wear, pin couplings are relatively easy to replace compared to some other coupling types. The simplicity of their design allows for quick disassembly and reassembly, minimizing downtime during maintenance or replacement procedures.
5. Cost-Effective: The combination of low maintenance requirements and reduced downtime translates into cost savings for businesses. With fewer unexpected breakdowns and lower maintenance expenses, the overall cost of ownership for systems employing pin couplings can be more economical.
6. Reliability: Pin couplings are known for their reliability and durability. When properly selected and installed, they can provide long service life without frequent replacements, contributing to stable and consistent system performance.
By minimizing downtime, maintenance efforts, and associated costs, pin couplings are a preferred choice in various industrial applications. However, it is crucial to ensure that the pin coupling is correctly sized and installed, and regular inspections and maintenance are conducted to maximize its benefits and prevent premature failure.
Understanding Pin Couplings and Their Functionality
A pin coupling, also known as a shear pin coupling, is a type of mechanical coupling used to connect two rotating shafts in a mechanical system. It is designed to transmit torque while allowing for a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts. The primary function of a pin coupling is to protect the connected equipment from torque overload and prevent damage to the shafts and other components in case of sudden shock or overload.
How a Pin Coupling Works:
A typical pin coupling consists of two hubs, one on each shaft to be connected, and a series of pins that pass through the hubs to join them together. The pins are usually made of a softer material than the hubs, such as brass or aluminum, to act as sacrificial elements. The number and size of the pins depend on the coupling’s torque rating and the required angular misalignment capacity.
When the shafts are misaligned, the pins experience shear stress as they bend under the applied load. In normal operating conditions, the pins remain intact and allow the torque to transfer from one shaft to another. However, in the event of an overload or excessive misalignment, the pins will shear off, preventing the transmission of excessive torque and protecting the connected equipment from damage.
After shearing, the damaged pins can be easily replaced, and the coupling can be put back into service without major repairs to the equipment. This feature makes pin couplings particularly suitable for applications with varying operating conditions and environments where shock loads or sudden overloads may occur.
Advantages of Pin Couplings:
– Protection against Overload: The shear pins act as a safety feature, protecting the connected equipment from excessive torque and sudden shocks.
– Misalignment Tolerance: Pin couplings can accommodate a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts.
– Easy Replacement: After shearing, the damaged pins can be quickly replaced, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
– Versatility: Suitable for a wide range of applications, including pumps, compressors, and other industrial machinery.
– Cost-Effective: The sacrificial pins are cost-effective components that can be easily replaced, avoiding costly repairs to the main equipment.
– Pin couplings have lower torque capacities compared to some other coupling types, such as gear couplings or rigid couplings.
– The need to replace the shear pins after each failure may lead to frequent maintenance requirements in applications with frequent overloads or misalignments.
In summary, pin couplings offer a reliable and cost-effective solution for torque transmission and protection against overloads in various mechanical systems. Their ability to accommodate misalignment and absorb shock loads makes them suitable for a wide range of industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-22